Along with the sim, Jio also launched Jiofi wi-fi hotspot dongle as well. The company has got three different variants i.e. JioFi 2, Jio Dongle 2 and JioFi 3 of the hotspot devices. When you get the JioFi for the first time, you get multiple different questions in your mind. Jiofi.local.html can answer many of the questions. Wifi hotspot has become an integral part if you own multiple gadgets. Actually you are logging via http://192.168.1.1 url also. Both are working to change the password or accessing the Memory Card etc. While you are in the car, or on the way to the office, home or anywhere you require a strong internet connection to access accounts, emails, and drives.
Reliance Jio is a new entrant in the telecom sector has introduced a portable wifi internet router which is branded as JioFi. A Jiofi 3 MiFi device i.e. JioFi Wifi is a pocket-sized device that behaves as a bridge between your local wifi network and the 4G network. It is a simple media to connect your handheld computers and PC to your smartphones for a strong internet connection. You might have been confused how to start with a JioFi MiFi. This guide covers the procedure for Jiofi setup, login to jio.local.html, how to change the JioFi password and settings for the JioFi Wifi Hotspot while logging into 192.168.1.1 ip address.
How to Login in Jiofi.local.htmlIf you want to change the credentials of JioFi device then login to the jio router admin dashboard. You can simply do this by going to the website and entering the username and password for your device. Let’s take a look at the guide step by step on how to login to JioFi 2/3 device dashboard. Start with the following steps:
Before you start your browser to login in http://jiofi.local.html or 192.168.1.1, understand why there is the need to access jio.local.html. Every router comes with a different and unique IP address to ingress the administrator dashboard which is used to command and configure the hotspot device. Therefore, to manage the dashboard, you have to enter this URL in your browser. You will see a login box as soon as you enter this IP address in the browser, connected to that particular device. (Use ‘administrator’ for both password and username)
After logging into the device, you will see different options including WiFi passwords, managing your SSID and other JioFi setting options. This link will directly take you to the page where you can check the network status, device details, including battery level, channel, wifi configuration settings etc.
How to Change JioFi PasswordIf anyone wants to know that how to configure JioFi Mifi Dongle or hotspot device, Jiosim will get activated. Once you got the signal, call 18008901977 from registered mobile number to activate the data card or call 1977 to activate both the services i.e. data and voice.
- After successfully logging in http://jiofi.local.html, navigate to Settings>WiFi to alter the Wifi Network name.
- Change the Wifi Network name and then open Settings>WiFi> Password to alter the old (default) password. Typically, it would be a complex model number, but you can change it something fancy.
- Click Settings>User Management to alter the admin password used to login into JioFi device.
- Then, click on Apply button. Your settings will be automatically updated for the next session.
How To Reset JioFi Password at 192.168.1.1If you forget the password or if the system encounters an error, you need to reset Jiofi to restore settings factory default. Resetting the JioFi password is easy, but tricky.
You need to recover the login details to access the JioFi WiFi hotspot and router in the working mode. Every router comes with a hardware reset button located specifically over device indicating Reset button functionality. JioFi also comes with one button on top i.e. power button, and the JioFi hardware reset button is placed inside the device.
Locate Hardware Rest Button
- Remove the back cover of JioFi.
- Find ‘Reset’ above the WPS button.
- Check a small tunnel near the button.
- You will locate a small button at the end of the tunnel.
- This small button is exactly the reset button of the Jiofi device.
- Press that small button for 60 sec, the device will reboot automatically starting again with the default settings.
Accessing MicroSD Card Using MiFi JioFi DeviceAccessing MicroSD Card in JioFi MiFi Router is very easy. You can access the sd card slot…
- Insert a micro SD card in your JioFi Device.
- Enable the storage account and set the password and username.
- You can now access the data/ files saved by you in your microSD card to any JioFi connected devices.
- Enter the URL http://jiofi.local.html/sdcard.html in the browser to access the data on your SD card.
- Click on WIFI disk button and insert the password and the username.
- That’s it. It’s done. You can now easily access your data saved in the microSD in any way. Upload the pics, listen to your favourite songs or copy the pictures to your laptop.
Conclusion: JioFi MiFi portable hotspot device is the best yet an exclusive option to choose when you don't own a 4G device and eagerly want high-speed internet access to multiple devices at the same time in one go.
So, now you know all the details, procedures, password settings, and login to jiofi.local.html what you are waiting for? Buy the Reliance JioFi, charge the device, take it along with you and enjoy the 4g data anywhere on your Smartphone.